Find out how to get started writing photography eBooks
Podcast: Download (Duration: 0:25:59 — 23.79MB)
Subscribe to the Podcast iTunes
For today’s PhotoProfit episode, I’ve got a special guest. His name is Andrew Gibson. He’s an author and he’s written over 20 photography books. These books are mostly eBooks; publishing and selling them online. He’s living the dream lifestyle and he’s totally “location independent” so he doesn’t need to be somewhere to make money because he makes it all online. He’s traveling the world right now making money through eBooks.
Today, he’s going to share how to get started. He’ll give us a bunch of tools that he uses, which distribution he goes to, how he markets these eBooks to make money. This is a really good episode if you want to start making money online or if you want to be location independent.
In this episode:
(01:27) – Why is it a great thing become location independent?
(03:26) – How do you become location independent?
(05:50) – Tips for writing an eBook:
(07:55) – Recommended books to read
(11:33) – Tools used to design a book
(16:19) – How to distribute the books
(17:30) – How to market your book
(21:13) – What kind of payment processing used
Andrew Gibson – Site>>>
Why is it a great thing become location independent?
- You can find all sorts of things online
- You can set up your life wherever you like
- It gives us a freedom to live in a place where we want to live
- You can live somewhere which is cheaper than living in the city
How do you become location independent?
- Buy books about writing and publishing
- Anyone can do this type of thing
- It’s difficult to write an eBook
- You need an experience
Tips for writing an eBook:
- You need to have some photos
- You need to have a writing skills
- You need to have the design and skills
- You need to have a theme for books
- You need to have good photography skills
- You need to be a good writer
- You can start with a blog
- Borrow books from the library about writing
Recommended books to read:
- How to Not Write Bad by Ben Yagoda – http://benyagoda.com/on-writing/how-to-not-write-bad-early-excerpts/
- 61 Ways to Sell More Nonfiction Kindle Books by Steve Scott – http://www.stevescottsite.com/sell-nonfiction-kindle-books
- How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days by Steve Scott – http://www.stevescottsite.com/write-nonfiction-ebook-21-days
Tools used to design a book:
- Resize the photos
- Landscape orientation
How to distribute the books:
- E-junkie – http://www.e-junkie.com/
- WooCommerce – https://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce/
- Shopify – https://www.shopify.com/
- Selz – https://selz.com/
How to market your book:
- Have an email and newsletter
- Have a blog
- Have a short eBooks you can give away
What kind of payment processing used:
Do This Now
Make sure you Subscribe to iTunes so that you get each new episode as it’s released each week. Also leave me a rating on iTunes if you like the show, it really helps my podcast get noticed. Ready to learn how to make money from your photography?