How to get clarity and momentum in your photography business and why the traditional business plan is dead!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 0:27:57 — 25.59MB)
Subscribe to the Podcast iTunes
Today, my special guest is Corwin Hiebert. He’s a business manager to freelancers’ digital artists and entrepreneurs. Corwin cares about the why and the how of making a life and the living from one’s creativity. He’s a very smart guy. We are going to talk about his business action planner. How this will help our craft to be more efficient and effective through his 8 step formula for planning your photography business. Let’s get on this podcast and start taking action to achieve the best results!
Don’t forget that this Business Action Planner as well as my Attracting Photography Clients courses is in this 5 Day Business Deal Bundle, available for only 5 days.
Grab this amazing 95% OFF deal here
In this episode:
(02:11) – Why it’s important to have a good business plan/action plan?
(04:32) – Business Action Planner
(06:50) – How a photographer should plan their business
(07:13) – Know who you’re serving (ideal client)
(12:01) – Goal planning
(18:12) – Do a little bit of “SWOT” analysis
(23:41) – Establish and leverage your unique value
Why it’s important to have a good business plan/action plan
- It gives them some complete ways that they can move to their days, week, months
- They feel like they’re working towards something tangible
- It’s valuable when you bring a stakeholder into the mix like a business partner
- Really helpful to convince someone that you’re not crazy
- Helps them get their work done
- To breakdown where they want to go with their goals
Business Action Planner:
- Use “Evernote” as the format
- It’s a digital tool kit
- Broken down into 188 action items
- Attached it to 130 insights
How a photographer should plan their business:
1. Know who you’re serving (ideal client)
- Make sure what you offer and your talent and your skill connects with the needs and wants of the buyers
- If you’re going business to business you have to be aware of their brand
2. Goal planning
- Primary goal – which should consume the next 30 days of your life
- Secondary goal – goal that you need to get done in the next 3 months
- Tertiary goal – a 6 month goal
3. Do a little bit of “SWOT” analysis; the Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats analysis.
- Focus on that ONE thing
- Primary barrier
- Opportunities are the people
4. Establish and leverage your unique value
- Your “it” factor (your identity)
- What’s unique about you and your business
- Find ways to capitalize that
- Your expertise and your credibility
Do This Now
Make sure you Subscribe to iTunes so that you get each new episode as it’s released each week. Also leave me a rating on iTunes if you like the show, it really helps my podcast get noticed. Ready to learn how to make money from your photography?