How to increase your photography business profit by 50% in 12 months!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 0:40:22 — 38.8MB)
Subscribe to the Podcast iTunes
Today, my special guest is Sara Taylor. She is an award winning wedding and portrait photographer in Geelong near Melbourne, Australia. In this episode, we are going to talk about to how to position yourself and stand out of the crowd. We will talk about how to be the “go to” photographer in your area even when it’s a crowded market place with large population and competition.
So, how do you be the stand out photographer? Sara will run through the few things that she’s done in her business and share what helped her business that she increased her profit by 50% despite having 2 young kids at home.
I think you are going to really enjoy this podcast. It’s packed and full of information. Sara is a very smart business woman as well as amazing photographer.
In this episode:
(02:13) – Why do you need to positioning yourself or standing out of the crowd?
(04:39) – How it will impact your life and business?
(07:32) – Steps that you can do to make yourself stand out of the crowd
(17:30) – Categories of business awards
(20:56) – Getting media releases
(30:30) – Marketing on multiple platforms
Why do you need to positioning yourself or standing out of the crowd?
- Lots of competition
- Lots of other photographers out there
- Level yourself above and beyond from the competition
- Separate yourself for the competition
How it will impact your life and business?
- Increase profit by 50%
- Home life balance
Steps that you can do to make yourself stand out of the crowd
- Focus on the elements of the business
- Getting a business coach is optional
- Forget all the ideas and focus on the things that you know will get in in place
- Focus on the business awards
- Human resources
- Customer service
- General business
- Business model and operations
- Getting as much media releases as you can
- Bridal magazines
- Local newspapers
- Charity book
- Marketing on multiple platforms
- Network with people
- Book project
- Taking action
- Identify your guts in business
- Have a self-assessment of your business
- Have someone to look at your business
- Be able to take actions on things
Do This Now
Make sure you Subscribe to iTunes so that you get each new episode as it’s released each week. Also leave me a rating on iTunes if you like the show, it really helps my podcast get noticed. Ready to learn how to make money from your photography?