Learn about the importance of having a blog type website and how to get great SEO for your website.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 0:42:37 — 40.9 MB)
Subscribe to the Podcast iTunes | Android | RSS
Before we get into this podcast, just a quick reminder that applications for the next PhotoProfit 8 Week Course, How to Make Your First $5k in Photography, are now being accepted. CLICK TO APPLY NOW!
In this Photoprofit podcast, I talk to Zach Prez from photographyspark.com. Zach is an expert in search engine optimization for photographers and today, we discuss the top 3 mistakes most photographers are making on their websites. Listen now to find out if you’re making any – or all – of these mistakes!
Spoiler alert! Do you have a headshot on your website? Zach explains why this is so important and on which pages you should include it.
We also discuss another big mistake that I have noticed recently that could be hurting your business.
We talk about the importance of having a blog type website and…
Zach gives a “gold nugget” on how to create great SEO for your website and how you can improve your Google rankings.
This podcast is a MUST for all photographers who have a website.
If you’re making any of these three mistakes, were you aware they could be affecting your business?
In this episode:
(01:50) – Why is it important to learn the mistakes in their website?
(03:10) – Top 3 mistakes most photographers are making online
(28:50) – Action steps for blog posting
(35:12) – Your overall social media score and SEO score
Why is it important to learn the mistakes in their website?
- Fewer sales you received
- You get lots people reading you stuff but will not hire you
- Get the most people connected to you
- Convert potential leads
Top 3 mistakes most photographers are making online:
- Missing a headshot on your website
- Avoid showing only your company logo
- People want to know who they’re hiring
- Each page must be treated as a landing page
- Have About Me on every page
- Have a headshot of every page
- Sell your entire portfolio
- Bio for a blog post
- If you have other people writing for you
- To promote some other stuff
- Missing a clear Call to Action
- Common to get thousands of people on your site but you’re not selling thousands of sessions
- People come and go – need to capture them and their information to stay in contact
- Email widget
- Send regular newsletters with valuable information
- Schedule emails
- Have one clear Call to Action, avoid multiple calls to action
- Be sure to provide your contact information; email, phone number, and Book Now button
- Missing a blog
- You need to have a regular and consistent post or article – weekly is good
- A blog is the easiest way for creating basic pages
- Can be used as a way to get a lot of shares on social media
- Create relevant content and use tags and categories appropriately
Action steps for blog posting:
- You don’t have to be a writer
- Take your most recent photo session
- Take 20 images for that session
- Insert the images to the blog post
- Just explain after each photo what’s happening in that photo
- Be specific in your title
- Links from other sites to your site
Your overall social media score and SEO score:
- 5% will be the keyword on your page
- 90% will be the other sites you’ve mentioned, not social
- Get interviewed
- Contribute articles
- Be out there talking
- Speak at events
- Partner up or meetups with other vendors
- You don’t have to invest a lot
- Focus on getting emails
Do This Now
Make sure you Subscribe to iTunes so that you get each new episode as it’s released each week. Also, leave me a rating on iTunes if you like the show. It really helps my podcast get noticed.