Learn how to get started and become a location independent photographer.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 0:36:42 — 35.2 MB)
Subscribe to the Podcast iTunes
In this Photoprofit podcast, I talk to Patricia Davidson, a successful landscape photographer from Oregon, USA, about how she and her husband have been travelling for the past year and how she has earned income in her photography business while on the road.
She shares with us why she is doing it, the pros and cons of running a business while travelling, tips on saving money while on the road, and how and why she became a minimalist – letting go of “stuff” and how this liberated her life.
In this episode:
(01:18) – Benefits of making a living as a photographer while travelling
(01:56) – What does it look like travelling for a year?
(05:51) – 3 Highlights travelling
(13:00) – 3 Biggest challenges while travelling
(19:06) – What do you need to do?
(27:45) – How do you make money while you’re on the road?
Benefits of making a living as a photographer while travelling:
- Going for your passion
- Want to do photography
- Want to see and experience new places
- Need to make a little cash
What does it look like travelling for a year?
- Focusing on the Western part of the United States
- Plan to spend a couple of years
- Exciting and amazing to wake up in beautiful locations
- Camping out and “backyard” changes all time
3 Highlights travelling:
- Seeing new places and staying longer
- Rent free and camp for free
- Life is more simple and minimal
3 Biggest challenges while travelling:
- Staying connected on the road
- Certain events like spring break with lots of people
- Focusing on the lifestyle and getting ready
What are the things you need to do?
- Save a lot of money
- Eliminate trips and things
- Start downsizing
- Get used to living in a smaller space
- No need to spend a lot of money
How do you make money while you’re on the road?
- Do it the same way when you’re home based
- Follow people that contacted you
- Promote your work on social media
- Look for other opportunities to make money
- Good system setup
Do This Now
Make sure you Subscribe to iTunes so that you get each new episode as it’s released each week. Also, leave me a rating on iTunes if you like the show. It really helps my podcast get noticed.