Composition is everything when it comes to landscape photography
Why do I take my time to find the best point of view when outdoors, shooting landscapes?
Why not just grab my camera and start shooting?
Because composition in landscape photography is so important if you want to create a strong image, an image that makes your audience go “wow, that is such a beatiful shot”.
Watch this video and find out how I do it…
Highlights of this video:
0:26 – Tips on finding your point of interest
0:55 – Finding an angle that brings out the point of interest more
1:37 – Bringing out the artist in you
How to choose the right Point of Interest
Just follow these easy tips to make sure you choose a strong point of interest in your landscape.
2. Listen to your gut. So, when you’re looking around for a perfect point of interest, allow your emotions to drive you. Learn to listen to what your heart is telling you.
3. Experiment a little Once you’ve got that down, that’s when you can really have fun. Try on different lenses, shoot horizontal and vertical and try different shutter speed to capture that water movement.
Start improving your Landscape Photography today!
Checkout this FREE Landscape Photography Course
How do I do it?
Here’s my example of choosing the right Point of Interest.
- I walked around the rocks for a few minutes and found the most striking point of interest for me.
- I waited for the waves to circle back around for a flush effect in the water and I’ve tried a couple of different angles that brings out the beauty of my point of interest even more.
- Like I mentioned, experimented with different shutter speeds and used different lenses.
What do you think? Feel free to leave your comments below.