Travel Photo Tip – Beach & Kids
How do you go from an average image using a point-and-shoot camera to an extra ordinary image taken with the same camera? Stick with me and I’ll show you a couple of techniques and secrets I’ve used while shooting my daughter and her friends.
Turn an Average Image into Something Extraordinary
Change Angle of View
- I change the angle where I photographed my daughter and her friends from. Instead of standing up straight photographing them like you would normally do.
- I bent my knees and get really low, and I get underneath the kids lower than they are and photograph them from a different angle.
Use Fill Flash in the Day
The second thing I used was the fill flash
- I took it out of automatic mode and placed it to time value mode or shutter speed mode, and I turn the flash on.
- I went low and I got the girls to do something like throw water on each other or throw water on someone’s back, even throwing water towards me.
- Change your angle of view.
- Use fill flash out on the beach, in the bright sunlight. It just creates an extraordinary image.
I think when you show these images to the kids and to your friends, they’ll be super impressed.
For more Travel Photography Tips Click Here.